Using Guide for Dog Nail Grinder
Dog Nail Grinder Tips
1. The first thing you want to do is make sure there will be no hair in the way. If your dog has long hair, you need to band it back so there's no chance it can get caught in the grinder's spinning tip. If your dog has long hair on his paws and between his foot pads, it's best to trim it first to lessen the risk of catching it in the grinder.
2. If you are not professional enough to use a grinder, we do not suggest take off the guard protector.
3. For your pet's safety, it should not be more than 5 seconds for one lasting time, and be aware to adjust the grooming angle to polish pet nails.
How to use the dog nail grinder?
STEP 1: Let Your Pet Get Used To The Grinder
Let the pet sniff and check the pet nail grinder when it’s on and off. Let them listen to the grinder’s working sound, getting accustomed to it, offering him some irresistible treats, which may ease them during use
STEP 2: Make Your Pet Quiet And Wait To Trim The Nails
To trim your pet’s nails, place his paw in your hand and hold each toe with your index finger and your thumb. Do not squeeze the toe, but hold it firmly. If the dog tries to pull his paw away from you, or struggles to get free, give him the “No, stay!” command, and praise him immediately when he follows your command. Hold the nail grinder with the other hand. Make sure dog is in a comfortable position.
STEP 3: Choose The Appropriate Port And Speed
Carefully place the grinder onto the nail, choosing the appropriately sized port when using a nail guard. And please start with the low speed. Holding nail grinder with one of your hands, switch on the nail grinder in a suitable speed. Holding the pet pads with the other hand, try to let the grinder touch the nails gently and put the grinder around 45° oblique, and then begin to grind the pet nail.Only grind a small amount at a time. Grind across the bottom and then carefully in from the tip of the nail, smoothing rough edges as you go.
STEP 4: Reward Your Pet And Clean The Grinder
Rewarding your dog every single time you do one of the steps. Take off The grinder cover after trimming, cleaning The grinder wheel surface with a soft cloth to remove the nail powder.
1. To avoid tangling of hair on long-haired breed dogs, push hair away from pet’s paw before applying the grinder.
2. Trim dog nail at right angle. Put the electric nail grinder around the 45 oblique, move the grinder to trim the nail around.
3. Remember, only hold the grinder against the nail for a second or two at a time. Press and release in small increments until your dog’s nail is shortened.
4. For some small or anxiety dogs, you need to take more patience and more time to accustom the dog to the noise, and use low speed only.